Walton County ARES Mission
The Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES) consists of licensed amateurs who have voluntarily registered their qualifications and equipment, with their local ARES leadership, for communications duty in the public service when disaster strikes.
To that end, it is the mission of Walton County ARES to to serve as the coordinating point for amateur radio operators for the purpose of assisting our served agencies with communications operations in Walton County in the event of a communications emergency.
- EC – Stan Edwards, WA4DYD
- AEC Net Manager – Frank Hobbs, KN4QJ
- AEC Digital – Don Jones, K4GO
- AEC Training / Response Teams – Mike Califf, K4RIG
- AEC Skywarn – Frank Hobbs, KN4QJ
- AEC Red Cross Liaison – Bill Ayers, WA1ERS
- Walton County EMA
- Piedmont Walton Hospital
- American Red Cross
- National Weather Service
Join Walton County ARES
Are you interested in emergency communications and public service?
If you have a willingness to train and participate in activities supporting emergency communications you are a good candidate for participation in Walton County ARES.